URGENT & IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTWith effect from June 1, 2010, AMFI Mutual Fund Certification program is discontinued. Accordingly, test for AMFI Mutual Fund (Basic) Module and AMFI Mutual Fund (Advisors) Module will not be conducted from June 1, 2010. National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) would be conducting Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination from June 1, 2010 onwards. For further details please log on to http://www.nism.ac.in/.AMFI Refresher Course stands discontinued with effect from June 1, 2010. Consequently the mandate given to Indian Institute of Capital Markets (IICM) and Centre for Education and Learning (CIEL) by AMFI for conducting Refresher Course stands withdrawn. NISM is conducting 'Continuing Professional Education' (CPE) Program for Mutual Fund Distributors from June 1, 2010. For further details please log on to http://www.nism.ac.in/.Please click here to view SEBI Circular NISM-Series-V-A: Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for all persons involved in selling and distributing mutual funds including:
- Individual Mutual Fund Distributors.
- Employees of organizations engaged in sales and distribution of Mutual Funds.
- Employees of Asset Management Companies specially persons engaged in sales and distribution of Mutual Funds.
The certification aims to enhance the quality of sales, distribution and related support services in the mutual fund industry.Examination Objectives:
On successful completion of the examination the candidate should:
- Know the basics of mutual funds, their role and structure, different kinds of mutual fund schemes and their features .
- Understand how mutual funds are distributed in the market-place, how schemes are to be evaluated, and how suitable products and services can be recommended to investors and prospective investors in the market.
- Get oriented to the legalities, accounting, valuation and taxation aspects underlying mutual funds and their distribution.
- Get acquainted with financial planning as an approach to investing in mutual funds, as an aid for mutual fund distributors to develop long term relationships with their clients.
The examination consists of 100 questions of 1 mark each and should be completed in 2 hours. The passing score for the examination is 50%. There shall be negative marking of 25% of the marks assigned to a question.Registration:
You can register through BSE, NSE and MCX-SX